22 Dec 2010

Happy half a century ;)


Mom turned 50 on Dec. 13. I went home for it and Laura flew home from Sweden as a surprise :) It was great fun planning all the details and trying to keep it all a secret. I ended up taking the bus from Turku to Helsinki Thursday night and met Laura and Dad at the airport, then in the morning we drove up to Ristiina and had the lady at the post office call Mom up and had her come 'sign for a special delivery' - Laura. She was rather surprised and happy :)
On Sabbath we had cake and hot chocolate at the church with our church family and then had friends over for the afternoon. These two cakes were made by Alina.

Only now do I realize I don't really have a picture of the birthday girl... :/ Sorry Mom!
 There's Mom, dishing up stir fry
 Our colorful fruit salad on Friday evening :) with grapes, kiwi and pomegranate, among other things
 With my Kisu :)
with most of my sisters. Ludi couldn't make it home for the weekend :/
Alina, Elina, me, Laura

No comments: