28 Nov 2010

Stockholm


In the middle of October a group of us took the boat to Sweden for the NYC at Ekebyholm. NYC as in Nordic Youth Congress, not New York City.. It was a weekend for SDA young adults from Scandinavia. Next year instead of a weekend, we'll have a 5-day camp in Denmark. August 16-21, 2011. It'll be great! :)

Since the program at Ekebyholm didn't start until supper, we decided to spend the morning in Stockholm. The first few hours went by at the Drottningholm grounds. The sun was just coming up and the trees were really pretty with yellow leaves all over the place :) It was cold though! 

Me, Leena, Tea, Elina and Alina

 Allu and me

Elina

Henkka with the ladies ;)

Suvi

part of the castle

feeding the swans

Once the stores opened up we drove into town and walked around. Our first stop was a muffin stand in a shopping center :) Leena and I wandered around looking for coats, since it was cold outside, but didn't find anything..

Suvi hunted down a few geocaches in the center of town. This one was in the middle of the street at an intersection.

I found a coat (or two or three..) that I wanted in this Haglöfs store :) Unfortunately I didn't have an extra 400e on me at the moment :D They were nice! But I'll have to wait on that..


Coffee shop stop with good tea and really good chocolate cake :) before leaving Stockholm

No comments: